Aches and Pains

This morning I did a 10 mile training walk for the Breast Cancer Moonwalk that I'm taking part in on 17th May. We just walked locally down country lanes (avoiding the rather large puddles) and up what is probably one of the steepest hills in Essex, North Hill. I was fine until I had to go up the hill and then I started to struggle. But, there won't be any hills like that on the actual event (more like lots of lovely shop windows to be looking in) so I'm not too worried that I found it a bit difficult. Don't forget, if you'd like to make a difference and help people with Breast Cancer, you can sponsor me (over there on the right).

I found out that Danbury runs a Farmer's and Craft market once a month in the village hall. They are on the look-out for new craft stall holders so I thought I'd check it out next Saturday before I decide whether to put my name down for a regular pitch. I've got the Spring Fair in the High Chelmer Shopping Centre in Chelmsford next Sunday, and that's my first event of the year, so fingers crossed I will do well. I've been manically making felt ball bracelets and sewing labels onto all of the bags, pencil cases and purses that I'm going to take along. I've also been approached to take a stall at a family day in June at an independent school in Kent. I'm mulling this over at the moment as it's a bit of a hike for me and I'm worried that any profit I make will be spent on petrol getting to and from the event. But, once again, it would be a great marketing tool and would get my name out there.

This last week has been very busy on the website front. Lots of orders coming through and also wholesale enquiries. I've also opened a shop on the European equivalent to Etsy - Dawanda. No sales as yet, but I think it's probably the same as Etsy in that it takes a while to get going. But it's free to list so isn't costing me anything.

My felted moneybox also got a lovely mention on Cuteable this week - thank you Lynsey !!


I've got my second meeting with the Essex Enterprise Agency on Wednesday next week and have to present my Business Plan (well, if you can call it a Business Plan - more like a load of numbers jotted down on a bit of paper that means something to me, but probably not a lot to anyone else !!) The poor man is going to wonder what on earth I've been doing, but hey - I'm a creative person, not an accountant and I work in a total muddle. As long as I'm happy that's all that counts (well, that's what I think anyway!)

These lovely felt necklaces will be added to my website over the weekend - they're a new line so I'm a bit undecided (and nervous) as to whether they'll sell or not. I'd love to know what you think though !! Also, a new felt kit - Ladybird Bags


And if you haven't wasted enough time reading this blog, why don't you check out this little tool ? It tells you how much your blog is worth in money terms !! Why on earth you would want to know this, I really don't know !! I can't believe it would ever equate into real money but it's one of those little things that everyone likes to check out !!

See you soon xx




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails